In 2017, it’s expected that over 252,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
That’s 1 in 8 women.
About 2,500 men in the United States will receive the same diagnosis.
While there may be no absolutes in determining whether someone will develop breast cancer, the best option is to focus on prevention.
This means clean living + detoxification.
So, today, I'm talking breasts—and how to detoxify them to prevent cancer:
*Shop the Warrioress Breast Oil here.
7 more tips for preventing breast cancer:
- Get enough fiber. Fiber acts like a magnet, binding to excess estrogen and sweeping it out of the body.
- Choose natural skincare products. Conventional skincare products are brimming with estrogen-mimickers like parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and artificial fragrances + perfumes. To decrease your risk, choose natural, organic products made with only real, pronounceable, healthy ingredients that won’t disrupt your hormone levels.
- Avoid plastics. Plastics contain chemicals that are hormone disruptors and estrogen-mimickers, which are linked to cancer. Have you noticed how much plastic you, your food, and your water come in contact with each day? Remember to choose foods + self-care products not packaged in plastic, and to store leftovers in glass containers + mason jars, not plastic.
- Cleanse. Eat these 30 cleansing foods on a regular basis. Not only will they detox your body of cancer-causing toxins, but they’ll enhance your beauty.
- Dry skin brush. All it takes is a few minutes a day to brush your way to a stimulated lymphatic system and oh-so-smooth skin. Find everything you need to know about dry skin brushing here.
- Switch your deodorant. Aluminum + parabens in anti-perspirants are linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s. Go au natural (and toxin-free) by trying out these alternatives.
- Exercise. Research suggests that getting regular exercise like walking + yoga may give you life-long protection against breast cancer.