The quick answer: yes.
And right away.
Here’s the deal:
It takes 26 seconds for the chemicals in your deodorant to go from your skin to your bloodstream.
Why is this a problem?
Because conventional deodorants and antiperspirants are loaded with toxic additives that are linked to breast cancer tumors and Alzheimer’s disease.
If your deodorant’s toxic, you’re going to be toxic, too. Yikes.
(If you’re reading your antiperspirant’s ingredient label and it has any of these toxic health crashers, toss it in the trash immediately: aluminum, phthalates, parabens, fragrance/parfum, formaldehyde, and propylene glycol.)
The science doesn’t end there.
The toxic additives in antiperspirants are designed to keep you from sweating. Sounds good, right?
It’s not. In fact, the antiperspirant industry has buried a vital + dangerous secret: your body is designed to sweat.
Ever get sick and feel swelling in your armpits or on your neck under your jawline? Those are lymph nodes trying to do their job and expel whatever it is that’s making you sick.
The job of the lymphatic system is to bolster your immune system and make sure it’s in tip-top shape. Lymph fluid transports white blood cells, which fight infection, throughout the body and is responsible for ridding your body of wastes and toxins. It’s pretty vital.
When we apply antiperspirants with toxic additives, we’re literally clogging the lymph nodes in our underarms, preventing them from doing the exact job that keeps us alive and healthy: ridding our body of toxic, disease-causing waste products.
This is some pretty powerful, life-altering information. What does it mean?
Conventional deodorants + antiperspirants contain toxic additives that are linked to chronic disease and nervous system damage, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- In fact, studies show that pregnant or breastfeeding mothers who use antiperspirants containing aluminum actually transfer that aluminum through their skin, into their bloodstream and breastmilk, to their babies. Endocrine- and nervous system-disrupting chemicals are the last things we want to pass on to developing babies.
Sweat is good.
Do we want to be drenched in sweat? No. ASHLEY ASTI’S Love-Your-Body Deodorant + Men’s Deodorant have got you covered with natural arrowroot powder + baking soda that allow your underarms to breathe and release toxins while also absorbing moisture.
- In fact, sweat is not what causes odor. It’s the bacteria that forms in your armpit that does. Sweating actually detoxifies the body and is a sign of health.
What’s the solution?
Second, to reduce odor, take these steps:
- A healthy body produces less odor. Reset your scent by resetting your diet. The best odor-fighters? Leafy greens + herbs like kale, spinach, parsley, and chard. They’re detoxifying powerhouses.
- Ready to reset your eating habits to make healthier, empowering choices but not sure where to start? I’ve got you covered. Check out Ashley’s certified wellness coaching program.
- Drink lots of water. The best way to flush out your body of waste is to bring on the floods: a well-hydrated body is a healthy body.
- Try a DIY underarm detox mask, like this one with bentonite clay from Wellness Mama.
Remember: when you make these empowering changes, not only will you smell better and be less susceptible to disease, you’ll have glowing skin.
Health is your greatest beauty secret.